ABOUT THIS POSITION
Phoenix is the 5th largest city in the country, serving as Arizona’s center of government, commerce, and culture. It is emerging in the new economy with strength in high technology, manufacturing, bioscience research and advanced business services. Phoenix is a young, progressive city, brimming with sports and cultural attractions, distinctive restaurants, fascinating museums, diverse residential options, and endless outdoor opportunities. The Street Transportation Department is seeking multiple Traffic Signal Technician’s. This position installs, maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs electrical / electronic traffic signal control devices and systems in the field.
Primary duties include:
- Troubleshooting and repairing analog, digital and microprocessor equipment to the component level.
- Using and maintaining computer databases and intelligent transportation system (ITS) equipment.
- Ability to distinguish the full spectrum of colors and work at heights up to 40 feet.
- Requires working with voltages as high as 220 V AC & DC.
- Associate’s degree in electronics.
- Two years of experience working with traffic signal control devices or completion of a traffic signal technician trainee program.
- Other combinations of experience and education which meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
- The City job description can be found here.
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For information regarding pre-screening and driving positions, click here.
- This position requires the use of personal or City vehicles on City business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record. Use of a personal vehicle for City business will be prohibited if the employee is not authorized to drive a City vehicle or if the employee does not have personal insurance coverage.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS – The minimum qualifications listed above, plus:
- Moving objects weighing up to 50 pounds may be required.
- Requires working outside in a variety of environmental extremes such as heat, cold, rain, air pollution, and dust.
Recruitment closes November 24, 2022. All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on this date.
This is a position-based recruitment and generates a one time use only list. Once interviews are conducted and candidates are selected, this job posting will be considered closed and candidates will no longer be in consideration for the position applied for. This posting will not result in any ongoing eligibility list.
For more information and apply, check out the City of Phoenix Job Site.
Job Title: Traffic Signal Technician
Salary Range: $25.53 (minimum) – $31.14 (maximum) hourly / $53,102.40 – $64,771.20 annually.
Job Type: Full-Time Regular
Location: Professional & Supervisory
Job ID: 47397