Closing Date: 08/21/23
Job Type: Full-Time
Requisition Identifier: 519798
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Salary: $ 111,247 – $ 121,247
Under the general direction of the Assistant State Engineer, this position will be the Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) Technology Program Administrator 3. This position will be responsible for managing and leading activities for the ITS Technology team and supervising staff within the Systems Technology Group. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, managing the system technology program, monitoring system performance and data management, identifying viable technologies and innovative processes, developing an evaluation process to assess effectiveness of ITS technologies, and overseeing pilot programs that support Transportation Systems Management and Operations (TSMO) initiatives. The ITS Technology Program Administrator 3 will provide expertise and assistance to appropriate groups within Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT), coordinate with other agencies and stakeholders, and will exercise independent judgement and professional engineering knowledge, as required. This position will develop and implement policies and procedures directed by State and Federal government.
– Manage the TSMO Systems Technology program for operational improvement and budgetary constraints/priorities. Identify and evaluate new, innovative system technology that will reduce costs and improve operations to meet the agency’s goals and objectives. Develop an evaluation process for assessing the effectiveness of new technologies and monitoring performance metrics. Direct staff on the evaluation, selection, and implementation of new technologies.
– Serve as TSMO analytics professional to collect, organize, coordinate, analyze, integrate, and interpret complex data from multiple sources. Devise solutions to problems encountered with collecting and cleaning data, and use statistical methods in developing performance metrics to support decision making processes and drive agency decisions. Be knowledgeable of various transportation management and operations. Oversee staff to support data and performance management activities.
– Communicate, cooperate, and collaborate with representatives of other agencies, communities, consultants, contractors, stakeholders and the general public as a representative of the department. Attend meetings, training, seminars, forums, and national conferences as a participant and representative of the agency. Ensure compliance with State and Federal rules and regulations. May drive a State vehicle in the course and scope of State Business.
– Other duties as assigned as related to the position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs):
– Traffic engineering principles.
– ITS and systems integration principles, and systems engineering methodology.
– Strong technical knowledge relative to Intelligent Transportation Systems.
– Expertise in data manipulation, analysis, and visualization.
– Statistics and probability analysis.
– Applicable regulations, standards and specifications related to ITS.
– ADOT’s program management and project development processes, including contract and procurement procedures.
– Budget and program administration.
– Project management methodologies and techniques.
– Federal and State regulations and programs.
– Excellent organizational and project management skills.
– Personnel and resource management.
– Team building.
– Research and analysis.
– Analytical and critical thinking.
– Create collaborative environment for innovative problem solving of complex issues.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills.
– Preparing technical reports and presentations.
– Listening to and working with the public and constituents to develop creative solutions to address concerns and issues.
– Google Workspace.
– Problem solving, creating innovative methods to reduce costs and improve processes.
– Analyze data to make informed decisions and monitor performance.
– Organize and prioritize work assignments.
– Communicate effectively verbally and in writing, developing and presenting information to agency staff, stakeholders, local governments, and public.
– Analyze and evaluate program goals, budget data and work methods.
– Accurately understand problems, analyze technical information and make appropriate decisions.
– Maintain good interpersonal relations with subordinates, management, and general public.
– Direct personnel and workflow.
– Manage multiple projects and coordinate staff activities to achieve completion of assignments.
– Integrate new emerging technologies into the current system.
– Set goals and track performance.
– Ability to coach and develop employees, including continuous improvement practices and principles.
– Have at least three years of project management experience.
– At least three years of supervisory experience. Progressively responsible experience leading and managing major projects and programs.
– Experience with ITS projects and data management.
– BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
For full job descriptions and more information, visit the Arizona State Jobs website.