The purpose of this position is to perform highly technical work in the installation, operation and maintenance of electrical, electronic and digital controlled traffic signal control devices and lighting systems.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform job duties adequately and properly; follow personnel and department policies and operating procedures; show respect, tact, and courtesy in dealings with coworkers and the general public; behave in a manner that does not obstruct or hinder other employees from completing their duties; act in a manner that is safe and follow the City’s safety procedures at all times.
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain traffic signal control devices, ITS/Communication systems and auxiliary equipment including analog, digital, wireless, electronic, and microprocessors.
- Repair or replace damaged signal equipment such as signal poles, signal and pedestrian heads, and push buttons.
- Perform a variety of preventive maintenance duties including changing signal bulbs, cleaning reflectors and refractors, painting poles, and cleaning signal control cabinets.
- Install, maintain and repair pre-timed, semi-automatic, fully automatic, electro-mechanical, electronic and digital controllers, auxiliary equipment, and similar devices.
First review of applications will occur on February 11, 2021.
For full job description and more information, visit the City of Tempe Career website and search “ITS Signal Technician.”