Opening Date: 03/23/21
Closing Date: 03/29/21
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
About the Position
The Maricopa County Department of Transportation (MCDOT) seeks an innovative and effective Transportation Systems Management Division Manager to work closely with leaders throughout Maricopa County to operate the transportation system. You will be managing travel demands through a set of integrated strategies that increase system reliability, improve public safety and security, reduce road user traffic delays, and improve traveler’s access to information. As a Division Manager, this position works under limited supervision and works collaboratively with the Director and other Transportation Division Managers.
Please click here for more information and to apply for this opportunity.
The City of Glendale has an exciting opportunity for the position of Principal Engineer, Transportation.
Under general direction of the City Traffic Engineer, performs administrative and advanced professional Transportation engineering work and performs a variety of technical tasks relative to area of assignment.
Minimum Qualifications/Special Requirements/Success Factors
Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering specialty such as Civil, Transportation, or Water Resources and five years of increasingly responsible experience as a Professional Engineer in Transportation, including one year of lead or supervisory experience.
Salary: $84,571.00 – $126,857.00 Annually
Job Number: 2021 -02123
Job Type: Full Time
The position is open until filled.
For more information and details visit City’s employment website.
We are pleased to announce that planning for the 2021 ITS Arizona Annual Conference is well underway and that this year’s theme is “Reimagining ITS“. The conference will be September 29th & 30th, 2021 at the Mesa Convention Center in Mesa, AZ.
ITS America is now accepting Paper and Session Proposals for the ITS America 2021 Annual Meeting. The December 2021 event will highlight how we are “Reimagining Transportation,” with a focus on Safer, Greener, and Smarter topics.
Their technical program is a chance for academics, researchers, and innovators to share their research and recent findings with high level public and private industry leaders, ITS America members, and fellow technical experts. There is still time for you to submit your proposals before the April 12, 2021 deadline!
Learn more by going to the ITS America website.
Traffic Engineering Analyst
This position with the City of Scottsdale is located at One Civic Center, 7447 E. Indian School Dr., Scottsdale, AZ 85251. Please apply through the City of Scottsdale Careers Page.
This position performs highly technical, professional level traffic engineering related to traffic issues, which could be in the Transportation or Street Operations Department.
Education and Experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a related engineering/technology field from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited school.
- An equivalent combination of education and job related experience may substitute for the educational requirements on a year-for-year basis.
Licensing, Certifications and Other Requirements
- Preferred Qualification: Obtain an Engineer In Training (EIT) certificate within twelve months from date of hire.
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following:
- Studies and analyzes major traffic problems using traffic volume, speed, and accident statistics and recommends solutions.
- Prepares reports concerning the need for new or revised appropriate signs, striping pavement signs, and other traffic control for new or existing streets.
- Investigates traffic collisions by reviewing detailed written reports and site observations to assist in accident prevention and reduction.
- Prepares presentation materials and represents the City in public and Transportation Commission meetings related to Traffic Engineering.
- Listens and communicates effectively with and provides information and technical advice to other City divisions and the general public.
- Develops, performs and analyzes level of service calculations, trip generation calculations, four way stop and signal warrant investigations, speed limit determinations, accident analysis and traffic count adjustments.
- Reviews traffic studies prepared by consultants for proposed private developments.